Some examples of vocational courses and apprenticeships:
- Vocational courses and apprenticeships cover wide areas of employment. Examples of subjects in vocational courses include health and social care, engineering, and business, and are generally offered at college level.
- Vocational courses lead to specific jobs such as hairdressing, plumbing, gas fitting and security. These are generally offered at college level.
- Apprenticeships offer on-the-job training combined with study opportunities to achieve a qualification in a chosen trade such as construction.
An award from the Trust can go towards:
- Payment of a course to update a qualification you may already have g. Electrician (Health and Safety);
- Helping you to return to work by gaining a qualification;
- Payment of a course necessary to work in a specific industry such as working off shore on oil rigs e.g. BOSIET or MIST training